The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) will continue to offer the existing Heating and Cooling incentives until . New eligible equipment and incentives are expected to be introduced by .
The Rebate Program will include:
- $250 incentive when you have an existing furnace replaced with the purchase and installation of an eligible high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM). – will be eligible until
- $250 incentive when you install or replace your existing central air conditioner (CAC) system or install a new CAC system that is purchased and installed of an ENERGY STAR qualified CAC system with a minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER (confirmed by AHRI reference number). – only eligible until
- $400 incentive when you install or replace your existing central air conditioner (CAC) replaced with the purchase and installation of an ENERGY STAR qualified central air conditioning system with a minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER (confirmed by AHRI reference number). – only eligible until
The IESO will be removing the CAC incentives for the SEER 14.5 & 15 (EERs 12 &12.5) from the program as of and will be looking at introducing incentives for the following products starting :
- Central Air Conditioners – SEER 18+
- Air Source Heat Pumps –Ducted and ductless, including ductless multi port
- Drop in ECMs for furnaces
- ECM Circulator pumps
- Air Source Cold Climate Heat Pumps – Ducted and ductless, including ductless multiport
- Adaptive Thermostats
- Once the IESO confirms these new products will be eligible, HRAI will communicate the final details of the program changes for July 2017.
Please note the IESO can change the terms of the initiative during the program year, including the eligible products and incentive amount.